Diamond Food Market’s, Inc. is a family-owned and operated retail grocery chain that had its beginnings in the Stockyards in Fort Worth, Texas. In 1926, Walter and Florence Smith opened the doors to the first store located in an area called Diamond Hill on the North side of Fort Worth. This was the origin of the name “Diamond.” Walter spent all his time working at Swift and Company while Florence, who became known as “Granny Pete,” ran the grocery store.
Now with its third generation of family members, Diamond remains a home town community grocery store. Operating three traditional Diamond Food Market’s, a Metro Discount Food Store, and a Cash Saver Cost Plus store, the company remains focused on the North Texas communities it serves and is very proud of its many tenured employees whom contribute to the family atmosphere.